|Created by||Dan Schneider|
|Starring|| Miranda Cosgrove|
|Theme music composer||Michael Corcoran|
|Opening theme||"Leave It All to Me", sung by Miranda Cosgrove and Drake Bell|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||88 (List of episodes)|
|Producer(s)|| Robin Weiner|
Bruce Rand Berman
|Location(s)|| Nickelodeon On Sunset|
|Camera setup||Videotape (filmized); Multi-camera|
|Running time|| 23 minutes|
| Schneider's Bakery|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original run||September 8, 2007 – present|
|Related shows|| Victorious|
Drake & Josh
iCarly is an American sitcom that focuses on a girl named Carly Shay who creates her own web show called iCarly with her best friends Sam and Freddie. The series was created by Dan Schneider, who also serves as executive producer. It stars Miranda Cosgrove as Carly, Jennette McCurdy as Sam, Nathan Kress as Freddie, Jerry Trainor as Spencer, and Noah Munck as Gibby. The show is taped at Nickelodeon On Sunset in Hollywood, California.
The show premiered on Nickelodeon on September 8, 2007. It was originally rated TV-Y7, and later, TV-G. Production of Season 4 began in May 2010 The season ended on June 11, 2011 with the original version of the movie, iParty with Victorious, and on August 27, 2011, with the extended version of this movie.
iCarly is shown in a number of other countries including Canada (YTV and Nickelodeon Canada, October 8, 2007) and the United Kingdom (Nickelodeon UK, Easter 2008). iCarly has also garnered a large adult fan base and has appeared on multiple "Best TV Series" lists during 2009 and 2010.
When Carly and her sassy best bud Sam act funny at a school talent show audition, tech-savvy Freddie tapes it and posts it online without telling them. After seeing the girls' strong chemistry and banner, the online audience clamors for more and the iCarly webcast is born. While grappling with typical issues of adolescence, Carly, Sam, and Freddie find out that they have also become online celebrities as their show, which features talent contests, recipes, problem-solving, and random dancing, garners international accolades.
Carly lives in Seattle, Washington with her 26-year-old brother/guardian Spencer and produces the show in a makeshift third-floor studio loft in their apartment. Even though their mother has never been seen or mentioned in the show, their father is a U.S. Air Force officer ("Col. Steven Shay") who is temporarily stationed on a submarine, and is often mentioned but had never been seen in the show in person.
Exterior shots of Shay's Seattle apartment building, Bushwell Plaza, are digitally altered images of the Eastern Columbia Building in Los Angeles.
- Carly Shay (Miranda Cosgrove) is the host of her own popular web show, iCarly, which she produces with her two best friends, Sam and Freddie.
- Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) is one of Carly's best friends and co-host of iCarly.
- Freddie Benson (Nathan Kress) is also one of Carly's good friend and neighbor. He is the technical producer of iCarly.
- Spencer Shay (Jerry Trainor) is Carly's eccentric older brother and legal guardian.
- Gibby (Noah Munck) is an odd friend of Carly, Sam and Freddie.
- Marissa Benson (Mary Scheer) is Freddie's overbearing and overprotective mother.
- Lewbert (Jeremy Rowley) is the doorman for the building in which Carly, Spencer, and Freddie live, characterized by his annoying, protective behavior and a large wart on his face. He is often being pranked by the kids on iCarly.
- Nevel Papperman (Reed Alexander) is a critic who runs the nevelocity.com website, a site that reviews other websites, including iCarly.com. He is Carly's nemesis and has constantly tried to sabotage iCarly in exchange for a kiss from Carly.
- T-Bo (BooG!e) is the manager at the Groovy Smoothie. He often annoys customers into buying random foods (i.e. bell peppers, bagels, tacos), which are always impaled on a stick.
- Guppy (Ethan Munck) is Gibby's younger brother and often tags along with Gibby.
- Chuck Chambers (Ryan Ochoa) is a child in the Shays' apartment building who constantly torments Spencer.
- Principal Franklin (Tim Russ) is the principal at Ridgeway Secondary School, the school where Carly, Sam, and Freddie attend. He is very fair and is a big fan of iCarly.
- Ms. Francine Briggs (Mindy Sterling) is a very strict English teacher at Ridgeway Secondary School who shows an obvious dislike for children.
- Mr. Howard (David St. James) is a strict and unenthusiastic teacher who hates almost everything including his wife.