|Created by||Pamela Eells O'Connell|
|Starring|| Debby Ryan|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes|| 20 (ordered)|
(List of episodes)
|Pamela Eells O'Connell|
|Location(s)|| New York City (setting)|
Hollywood Center Studios,
(Los Angeles, California) (Taping location)
|Camera setup|| Videotape (filmized);|
|Running time||22-24 minutes|
| It's a Laugh Productions|
Bon Mot Productions
Disney Channel Original Productions
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Picture format|| 480i (SDTV)|
|Original airing||September 30, 2011|
Jessie is an 18-year old girl from a rural Texas town who moves to New York City. She suddenly finds herself becoming the nanny of four children living in a multi-million dollar penthouse. One of the children has an imaginary friend and another has a pet capybara. Assisting her is Bertram, a mean, lazy butler and Tony, a 20-year-old doorman who secretly likes Jessie.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Jessie (Debby Ryan) is an idealistic teen from rural Texas who moves to New York City, and becomes a nanny for four rich children.
- Emma Ross (Peyton R. List) is a bubbly 13-year-old eager to reorder the world and the only biological child in the bunch.
- Ravi Ross (Karan Brar) is a 10-year-old Indian adoptee imbued with his Eastern culture, but thrilled with his new life in America.
- Luke Ross (Cameron Boyce) is a 12-year-old adopted son who is exploding with mischief and is a videogame addict.
- Zuri Ross (Skai Jackson) is an adorable African-American 7-year-old girl adopted from Africa who is highly imaginative and fanciful.
- Bertram (Kevin Chamberlin) is the frosty butler.
- Tony (Chris Gayla) is the building's 20-year-old doorman and secretly likes Jessie.
- Morgan Ross (Charles Esten) is the four children's father and a famous movie director.
- Christina Ross (Christina Moore) is the four children's mother and a former supermodel turned business magnate.
- Main article: List of Jessie episodes
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||20||September 30, 2011||TBA|
Development and productionEdit
Jessie skipped the pilot phase and was directly put into production by Disney Channel. The show is taped at Hollywood Center Studios and takes place in New York City. It was announced on June 9, 2011 that production had begun on the series. Thirteen episodes were initially ordered for the first season. On July 22, 2011 when the show's freshman season was in production, Disney Channel ordered an additional seven episodes bringing the total episodes for the first season to 20.